30/04/2013

Mini scones

Hello, 

It's been a while we didn't talk about food, which is a shame really because currently all you can see in the magazines, adverts, etc, etc, is : Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God!!! The sun is out, it's time to eat lettuce non stop and turn ourselves into right little rabbits! Well sod that, here we know better. After all, what can be nicer than a nice afternoon cream tea? That's exactly what I was thinking when I woke up from my nap last Sunday, mmmm, cream tea. Didn't have scones, nor clotted cream but I had tea, strawberry jam and flour. So here I go and start the Sunday bake off. 

To make about 10 mini scones you'll need : 
  • 200g of flour 
  • 40g of butter (room temperature)
  • 1 sachet or 3 tea spoon of baking powder 
  • 15cl of milk
  • 1 sachet of vanilla flavoured sugar or 1 big spoon 
  • 1 spoon of sugar. 
Optional : you can either put a small handful of sultanas as I didn't have any I put some crystallised orange peel. 

How to do it: 
Well dear readers, it's fairly simple. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, diced butter in a big bowl. Start to mix it up a little. Add the milk and get your hands dirty until you have a nicely soft dough. Then spread it on your work top, it needs to be about 2 cm thick. Once that's done, cut some circles with a wine glass. 
Chuck it in a heated oven (220 °C) for about 10 minutes. 

You should have this result : 


Then, boil the kettle, prepare a cup of tea and brace yourself for a fine calorie intake : 
Cut your scones into to halves, spread some butter, spread some jam and cover it with clotted cream (l'équivalent français le plus proche serait de la crème fraîche épaisse ). 
As I am super lazy, especially on Sundays, I didn't have clotted cream. The result is still nice though...

Important note from the author: recipe fully approved by British boyfriend, ahahahahaha,  French still do it better!!!! 
L.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire